Sunday, August 19, 2012

91 days - 12.23 miles rolling hills/flat 1:54:04

Today was a gorgeous morning for a run.  The air was cool and the sunrise was a pale pink in the sky.  Truly a beautiful morning.  I ate a banana and set off for my Sugartown Rd. out and back route.  I had my water belt and honey gu along.  I felt pretty good today.  I have not run 12 miles since my last half marathon a few years ago.  I tried to keep my pace slow.  My cold is turning into a cough so I was a little tired from being up coughing at night.  I did not notice the cold or the cough on my run though.  I am really hoping that it is on the way out.

Yesterday, we went into Philly to go to the zoo.  It is a nice facility and the kids had a great time.  We went in the middle of the day but the drive there took a little while.  I keep thinking that we are closer to Philly than we are.  It took about an hour to get there.  I think that I will get a hotel for the night before the marathon.  I do not want to have to think about the commute into the race.  I realize that I may sleep better in my own bed but knowing my personality, I would probably be up fretting about the drive in.  Jim has offered to come along for the half marathon in a few weeks so I will not have to think about it too much that morning.  I am really becoming the quiet country girl.  I do not like the crowds of the city!  The zoo was only moderately crowded but I did not care for all of the people.  I am quite happy in my 10 mile radius from home.


No comments:

Post a Comment