It occurred to me today that I take a ton of supplements. I started out as a Flinstone vitamin kid. I had one each day and maybe had a vitamin C too if it was cold season. I knew that I was growing up when I was switched to one a day women at age 12 or so. I have always been in the habit of taking a daily vitamin. A couple of years ago, a friend introduced me to Melaleuca vitamins. These come in packets with a morning and evening set of vitamins. The morning contains a multivitamin, 2 calcium vitamins and something called "cellwise" which is a mixture of antioxidants. The evening pack is the same and it includes a probiotic. Additionally, I have been in the habit of taking a fiber supplement in the morning. Fiber is good for you, right? Lastly, I started taking SAM-e a couple of years ago after my miscarriages to help improve my mood. It seemed to help and I have kept taking it out of habit. Also, would I be more grumpy without it? I don't seem to feel like testing the theory most days! I am now completely over the top. My physical therapist recommended that I take Precosa which is a glucosamine joint support supplement. 3 pills a day. Wow! That is a lot! Especially since I consider myself a healthy person! I am looking into scaling these back a bit. Maybe it is time to see if I am really that moody without SAM-e. Do I really need a fiber supplement? I eat fiber cereal every morning. I plan to play around with this a bit to see if I can knock this down to a reasonable amount of supplements. Maybe I should go back to my once a day Flinstone???
Friday, June 22, 2012
149 days - Rest Day
Vitamins and More Supplements....
It occurred to me today that I take a ton of supplements. I started out as a Flinstone vitamin kid. I had one each day and maybe had a vitamin C too if it was cold season. I knew that I was growing up when I was switched to one a day women at age 12 or so. I have always been in the habit of taking a daily vitamin. A couple of years ago, a friend introduced me to Melaleuca vitamins. These come in packets with a morning and evening set of vitamins. The morning contains a multivitamin, 2 calcium vitamins and something called "cellwise" which is a mixture of antioxidants. The evening pack is the same and it includes a probiotic. Additionally, I have been in the habit of taking a fiber supplement in the morning. Fiber is good for you, right? Lastly, I started taking SAM-e a couple of years ago after my miscarriages to help improve my mood. It seemed to help and I have kept taking it out of habit. Also, would I be more grumpy without it? I don't seem to feel like testing the theory most days! I am now completely over the top. My physical therapist recommended that I take Precosa which is a glucosamine joint support supplement. 3 pills a day. Wow! That is a lot! Especially since I consider myself a healthy person! I am looking into scaling these back a bit. Maybe it is time to see if I am really that moody without SAM-e. Do I really need a fiber supplement? I eat fiber cereal every morning. I plan to play around with this a bit to see if I can knock this down to a reasonable amount of supplements. Maybe I should go back to my once a day Flinstone???
It occurred to me today that I take a ton of supplements. I started out as a Flinstone vitamin kid. I had one each day and maybe had a vitamin C too if it was cold season. I knew that I was growing up when I was switched to one a day women at age 12 or so. I have always been in the habit of taking a daily vitamin. A couple of years ago, a friend introduced me to Melaleuca vitamins. These come in packets with a morning and evening set of vitamins. The morning contains a multivitamin, 2 calcium vitamins and something called "cellwise" which is a mixture of antioxidants. The evening pack is the same and it includes a probiotic. Additionally, I have been in the habit of taking a fiber supplement in the morning. Fiber is good for you, right? Lastly, I started taking SAM-e a couple of years ago after my miscarriages to help improve my mood. It seemed to help and I have kept taking it out of habit. Also, would I be more grumpy without it? I don't seem to feel like testing the theory most days! I am now completely over the top. My physical therapist recommended that I take Precosa which is a glucosamine joint support supplement. 3 pills a day. Wow! That is a lot! Especially since I consider myself a healthy person! I am looking into scaling these back a bit. Maybe it is time to see if I am really that moody without SAM-e. Do I really need a fiber supplement? I eat fiber cereal every morning. I plan to play around with this a bit to see if I can knock this down to a reasonable amount of supplements. Maybe I should go back to my once a day Flinstone???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment